The CBD market is crowded and not every company is trustworthy. We’ve evaluated and tried dozens of CBD brands, and we feel these are the best when it comes to safety, quality, and transparency.
How we chose the best CBD brands
We chose these brands based on criteria we think are good indicators of safety, quality, and transparency. Each brand in this article:
- provides proof of third-party testing
- demonstrates transparency about where their hemp is grown
- sells products with no more than 0.3% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), according to the certificate of analysis (COA)
- tests their products for pesticides, heavy metals, and molds
As a part of our selection process, we also considered:
- the experience and feedback from testers who’ve tried products by these brands
- certifications and manufacturing processes
- whether the products are certified organic
- indicators of user trust and brand reputation, like:
- customer reviews
- whether the company has been subject to a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warning letter Trusted Source.
- whether the company makes any unsupported health claims
Healthline’s picks of the top CBD brands
o Carnbread Hemp: Carnbread Hemp is a family-owned business that made their name on organic, flower-only, full spectrum CBD flower products. It was the first CBD brand in Kentucky to earn the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) organic seal, which is a big differentiator in the market
The brand offers a limited line of CBD bud Shops Near Me products but still manages to include all the basics, including oils for pets. Pricing falls into the moderate to expensive range, but again, the products are organic and full-spectrum. Plus, Cornbread offers generous discount Program to make CBD more accessible, and they stand behind their products with a 30-day guarantee.
- CBDfx: CBDfx is one of the biggest privately held CBD companies in the industry, offering gummies, capsules, tinctures, topical, apes, and pet products. If you’re exploring different types of CBD, you can find a range of products made with full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and isolate CBD, all of which are derived from organically grown hemp.While CBDfx doesn’t offer discount programs for specific groups, like veterans or first responders, the company does have a loyalty rewards program.
CBDfx is highly reviewed on individual product pages, with customers sharing honest feedback about efficacy and flavor.
- Medterra: Medterra is a small but well-known CBD company with a wide range of CBD products and types. The products are also priced more affordably than the competition, making Medterra a good option for people looking to save money.
The company is U.S. Hemp Authority certified, which signals a commitment to using high quality CBD. Medterra also has a medical advisory board that assists with research and product formulation.
Customers rate Medterra products highly, with many products garnering hundreds and even thousands of reviews. The company also earns high praise on third-party review platforms.
Aspen Green: Aspen Green is an award-winning, family-owned CBD flower company based in Colorado. They produce organic, full-spectrum CBD products for people and pets. The company is vocal about the importance of full transparency at every stage, from where and how their hemp is grown to their exact extraction and processing methods to third-party testing results.
Aspen Green sells a limited selection of CBD oils and topical products, including body creams, butters, balms, and oils. Their potencies are on the higher end, something that’s reflected in higher price points. Remember, though, that these are USDA certified organic products.
How to find a quality CBD brand
Understanding indicators of a quality CBD brand helps you avoid companies that cut corners. As you navigate the CBD market, here’s what to keep in mind:
- Third-party testing: Look for current, comprehensive COAs from third-party labs that confirm cannabinoid potency and confirm a given product has passed contaminant testing.
- Transparency about hemp cultivation and manufacturing processes: Reputable CBD Bud Shops Near Me companies are often exceedingly proud of the sources of their hemp and their cultivation methods. If a company isn’t up front about where they get their hemp or how they manufacture their products, make sure to do some digging to figure out why.
- Company reputation: It’s simple to search online Trusted Source to confirm whether a CBD brand has received an FDA warning letter or been involved in any lawsuits. You can also get an idea of what real customers and reviewers think about a company and their products. Spend some time browsing reviews and poking around a brand’s website before buying. If you see unverified health claims or lots of bad reviews, it’s worth exploring other brands.